Aleem contrasts and considers the rules and the fruit of belief through Luke 13:1-9.
I don’t need to ask the question, “are people following the rules?” I need to ask, “How does the fruit of my life help other people to bear fruit in theirs? How do we love each other and love each other in such a way that it leads them to Jesus and as they find Jesus, they bear fruit?”
– Aleem Ali
- In the parable, from Luke 13:6-9, which character do you most relate to? (Vineyard owner, caretaker, fig tree) Why?
- Share with someone in your group one aspect of the fruit of the Holy Spirit that is evident in their life. (love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness, self-control)
- What fruit would you like to produce more readily in your life? Why?
- What do you think of rules? What are some rules that are important? Why?
- Tell someone in your group one good thing about them.
(For example, are they loving, joyful, peaceful, patient, kind, good, gentle, loyal?)
How can you become more like that?